I study C.S Lewis (and the Inklings), the Bible, and Theology. I started Seminary in 2014. This is my second go-round with grad school since at first I thought I wanted to teach Literature so I earned my MA in English from the University of Louisville in 2009.
I'm just now starting to call myself a writer, even though I've been writing for years.
I am passionate about so many things. I love Fantasy and Sci-Fi stories, especially Epic tales like The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. And yes, I am a Whovian too. And a Lego Maniac. =)
I love people. I have been blessed with more friends than I am able to keep up with! I am also deeply empathetic and my heart aches so much for those who are suffering. I am especially concerned with raising awareness about mental illness, eradicating stigma and helping people get the help they need.
I usually write about C. S. Lewis, books, and various topics in theology. If you want to keep up with my posts, sign up for free updates by entering your email below:
You can scroll through my book reviews here: Jennifer's Book Reviews.
And here are some of my favorite posts I've written over the past couple of years:
- A Hermeneutic of Love, or How I Read the Bible (Part 1)
- A Hermeneutic of Love, or How I Read the Bible (Part 2)
- Wrecked Theology: The Books that Read Us
- I used to think ____ but now I think _____. (Shifting theology)
- God Shattered My Box
- Lego Theology
- I am a Jesus Feminist because, Jesus.
- the girl i once was
- 31 Days of C. S. Lewis series
- C. S. Lewis: What is "The Weight of Glory"?