Books completed in September:
- The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley (9/2/2016)
- Heirs of Grace by Tim Pratt (9/6/2016) - This was a fun fantasy book. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
- Impossible Dreams by Tim Pratt (9/6/2016) - Fun short story.
- The Legend of Sam Miracle (Outlaws of Time #1) by N.D. Wilson (9/8/2016)
- 2BR02B by Kurt Vonnegut (9/15/2016)
- The Defenders by Philip K. Dick (9/15/2016)
- The Songs Of Distant Earth by Arthur C. Clarke (9/15/2016)
- The Pastor as Moral Guide by Rebekah Miles (9/21/2016)
- A Tale of Mist and Shadow by M.R. Laver (9/30/2016)
- Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found It Again Through Science by Mike McHargue (9/30/2016) - I really enjoyed this spiritual memoir. I may not have quite the science brain that Mike McHargue does, but I've dealt with my own fair share of doubts along the journey so I found it helpful and refreshing to hear his own journey.
Books completed in October:
- Salvage by Orson Scott Card (10/10/2016)
- Jesus Wants to Save Christians: Learning to Read a Dangerous Book by Rob Bell (10/10/2016)
- Time Enough at Last by Lyn Venable (10/21/2016)
- Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies by J.K. Rowling (10/22/2016)
- The Portion of the Poor by M. Douglas Meeks, Ed. (10/24/2016)
- Changing Our Mind by David P. Gushee (10/28/2016)
- Reading the Bible Again For the First Time: Taking the Bible Seriously But Not Literally by Marcus J. Borg (10/30/2016)
These are the 4 podcasts I've been listening to the most lately:
4. Pangea sermons by Kurt Willems - There's a great series on the politics of Jesus (spoiler alert, Jesus is not a Republican or a Democrat or an Independent, etc...)
Other podcasts I'm behind on include The Liturgists Podcast, All About Jack: A C. S. Lewis Podcast, Jonathan Martin's podcast. And I just added a couple of others I'd like to check out...
I finally caught up on Arrow! I started watching season 1 on Netflix back in August I think and I finished season 4 a couple of weeks ago. So now I can watch season 5 as they air on TV. But I miss the old team...
In addition to Arrow, I have three other superhero shows I watch: Supergirl, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow.
As for new shows, I'm watching Designated Survivor (Jack Bauer for President! Ok, so Kiefer Sutherland isn't really Jack Bauer, and his character on the new show is quite the opposite of Jack Bauer, but still...)
I just watched the first two episodes of Timeless. They were okay. I mean it's a show about time travel so I should like it.
So many people were raving about This is Us that I started watching that too.
At the beginning of October, the Neyhart family gathered at the Etna Green Church of Christ to honor my Grandpa Neyhart for his many years of service to the church. And it was a surprised for him. Here are some pictures from that day:
|I think he was a bit confused to see his KY family there =)|
|HT to my Uncle Tom Lemler for a great picture of Grandpa!|
My dad and his siblings reenacted a photo from their childhood on the porch of the parsonage:
Later in the month I was babysitting my cousin's boys: