I have finished reading 42 books so far in 2016.
- Evolutionary Creation: A Christian Approach to Evolution by Denis O. Lamoureux
- Reading Genesis 1-2: An Evangelical Conversation by Richard Averback
- Genesis: History, Fiction, or Neither?: Three Views on the Bible's Earliest Chapters by Gordon John Wenham
- Four Views on the Historical Adam Edited by Denis O. Lamoureux
- Introduction to the Bible (The Open Yale Courses Series) by Christine Hayes
- The Lost World of Adam and Eve: Genesis 2-3 and the Human Origins Debate by John H. Walton
- Genesis (The NIV Application Commentary) by John H. Walton
- Genesis: Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching by Walter Brueggemann
- How to Read Genesis by Tremper Longman III
- Toward a Poetics of Genesis 1-11: Reading Genesis 4:17-22 in Its Near Eastern Context by Daniel DeWitt Lowery
(If you are sensing a theme it is because I am working on a paper on how to read/interpret the first two chapters of Genesis.)
Finished in April:
- The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate by John H. Walton(4/19/2016)
- Genesis for Normal People: A Guide to the Most Controversial, Misunderstood, and Abused Book of the Bible by Peter Enns, Jared Byas (4/24/2016)
- Genesis (Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary) by John H. Walton (4/24/2016)
- The Evolution of Adam, What the Bible Does and Doesn't Say about Human Origins by Peter Enns (4/27/2016)
- The Sin of Certainty: Why God Desires Our Trust More Than Our "Correct" Beliefs by Peter Enns (4/27/2016) Read my review here.
- The Barbarian Way: Unleash the Untamed Faith Within by Erwin Raphael McManus (4/29/2016)
With all this reading I haven't had as much time for TV lately, but I have still been keeping up with The Flash, Supergirl, and The Big Bang Theory.
I had to let Marvel: Agents of Shield go, along with Limitless, and I have yet to watch the episodes I've recorded of Marvel's Agent Carter and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Oh, and I'm 2 episodes behind on Quantico.
In April we were so glad to have my Grandma visiting with us for three weeks. Here are some of my favorite pictures from her time with us and from when we all went out to eat to celebrate her 90th birthday!
|Izek tends to be the center of attention... He's just so cute though!|
|My dad with Ema|