2. J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
3. Madeline L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time series
4. Charlie W. Starr's King Lesserlight's Crown: A Children's Story for Grownups, Too. Read it. You won't be sorry. (There's a flying moose!)
5. Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince
6. George MacDonald - I started reading MacDonald because of C. S. Lewis. Lewis described MacDonald's Phantastes as having "baptized his imagination". I didn't really get it or like it that much the first time I read it. But after re-reading it a few times, I now rather enjoy Phantastes.
7. Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the follow up - The Lost Heroes of Olympus
8. J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series
9. E. Nesbit was another Author I discovered because of C. S. Lewis - he said Nesbit was a favorite of his when he was a child. And he retained a fondness for those tales.
10. Brian Jacques' Redwall Series - These books captivated me when I discovered them in 6th grade.
For future Top Ten Tuesday topics and info on how to participate, click here!