July was full of time with two of my best friends who I don't get to see that often. I got to visit the Rupprechts at the beginning of the month and then I met up with Megan, my roommate from college a couple of weekends later!
|me and Megan at church|
- Memories of the Future - Volume 1 by Wil Wheaton
- Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer by C.S. Lewis
- Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy by Donald Miller
- If You Feel Too Much: Thoughts on Things Found and Lost and Hoped For by Jamie Tworkowski
- The Crowd, The Critic And The Muse: A Book For Creators by Michael Gungor
- The Feast of the Drowned (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #8) by Stephen Cole
- The Fellowship: The Literary Lives of the Inklings: J.R.R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Owen Barfield, Charles Williams by Philip Zaleski and Carol Zaleski
- The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
- The Abolition of Man by C. S. Lewis
- All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury (short story)
- A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis
- Speaker for the Dead (The Ender Quintet #2) by Orson Scott Card
- Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller
Books read in July and the first week of August:
- Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church by Rachel Held Evans (This was a re-read already. I listened to the audiobook this time.)
- Adjustment Team by Philip K. Dick (short story)
- A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1) by Madeleine L'Engle
- Total Recall by Philip K. Dick (short story)
- Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0 #1) by Scott Meyer
- Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2) by Scott Meyer
- Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore
- An Unwelcome Quest (Magic 2.0 #3) by Scott Meyer
- Armada by Ernest Cline
I realize that I read almost exclusively sci-fi and fantasy books in July. =) But hey, that's what summer break from school is for, right?
I saw Inside Out with the Rupprecht girls and then I saw Ant-Man with Megan. I think those are the only movies I've seen in the theater recently. I enjoyed both movies quite a lot. I finally watched Insurgent last night (gotta love Redbox!), and I enjoyed it also, though of course the book was better as it almost always is.
- I just finished rewatching the Friends series on Netflix, all ten seasons. (I started in January I think.)
- Other shows on Netflix that I'm watching include NCIS, Gilmore Girls, and Doctor Who.
- The only shows I'm watching on TV right now are Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy, and Chasing Life (all on ABC Family), and of course, Jimmy Fallon.