Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This is a fun way to highlight some of my favorite books I read this year. (I've read 102 books so far, and the year isn't quite over yet!)
1. Austin Fischer - Young, Restless, No Longer Reformed: Black Holes, Love, and a Journey in and Out of Calvinism
2. Mandy Steward - Thrashing About with God: Finding Faith on the Other Side of Everything
3. Brené Brown - Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (I hope to re-read this one soon.)
4. Mark A. Noll - The Civil War as a Theological Crisis - very thought provoking.
5. Brian Zahnd - A Farewell to Mars: An Evangelical Pastor's Journey Toward the Biblical Gospel of Peace - Also quite thought provoking.
6. Walter Brueggemann - The Prophetic Imagination - I'm going to have to reread this one for sure!
7. Steve Corbett - When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor and Yourself - This was a text for a Seminary class and it was really good.
8. Stephen Seamands - Ministry in the Image of God: The Trinitarian Shape of Christian Service - This was also a text for a Seminary class and it was also very good!
9. Barbara Brown Taylor - An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith - I've already re-read this one! So good!
10. Preston Yancey - Tables in the Wilderness: A Memoir of God Found, Lost, and Found Again
Have you read any of these books or authors? What are some of your favorite new authors you've read recently?