2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
I've never participated in one of these 5-minute Friday exercises before. I've wanted to, but for various reasons I hadn't, until today.
The topic is actually one of my biggest strengths: Connecting with others.
God has given me such a passion and love for people. I love to hear their stories and encourage them where they are.
Daily, I thank God for the people he has put in my life: the ones who make me laugh so hard that I cry; the ones that encourage me and love me when I am least lovable; the ones who admonish me, rebuke me, and hold me accountable. Examples from this week:
- I'm thankful for the two hour phone conversation last night with Megan, my roommate from college who is still one of my best friends.
- I'm thankful for the conversation with my friend Teri while we walked 2 miles together.
- I'm thankful for time with Dana at her house on Wednesday night, playing with her sweet baby boy.
- I'm thankful for time in the Word and in prayer on Monday and Tuesday evenings with Susan and Stephanie.
- And I'm thankful for time with good friends from high school last weekend.
I really could go on and on! Good thing there's a time limit!
Who are you thankful for? How are you connecting?