Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Characters I would switch places with for 24 hours
1. Lucy Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia (C. S. Lewis) - do I get to pick which 24 hours? Because some parts would be incredible and some would be devastating... much as real life I suppose... if I got to choose I would have to choose the end of The Last Battle, of course then I wouldn't want to come back to this world! I want to go further up and further in!
2. Thursday Next from the Thursday Next series (Jasper Fforde) - because she gets to enter the worlds of books on a regular basis!
3. Polly in The Magician's Nephew (C. S. Lewis) because she gets to visit lots of worlds!
4. Ransom in Perelandra (C. S. Lewis)- to see a planet that had not experienced The Fall... even to experience this:
“Great globes (gourds) of yellow fruit hung from the trees—clustered as toy-balloons … He had meant to extract the smallest, experimental sip, but the first taste put his caution all to flight. It was, of course, a taste, just as his thirst and hunger had been thirst and hunger… But then it was so different from every other taste that it seemed more pedantry to call it a taste at all. It was like the discovery of a totally new genus of pleasures, something unheard of among men… For one draught of this on earth wars would have been fought and nations betrayed.”
5. Hermione Granger in Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling) - she's smart and she gets to do magic and help save the day with Harry and Ron!
6. Peter Pan from Peter Pan (J. M. Barrie) - I want to visit Neverland of course! And fight Captain Hook!
7. Frodo - The Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien) - Now again, do I get to pick which part? I want to spend some time in the Shire and time with the elves and Gadalf... and of course experience the camaraderie of the fellowship and the friendship with best friend Sam...
8. Meggie from Inkheart (Cornelia Funke)- books coming to life again... just sounds like fun. Dangerous adventure, but still fun.
9. Harry Potter himself because I want to play Quidditch and fight Mer people at the bottom of the lake.
10. Meg Murray from A Winkle In Time by Madeline L’Engle – I want to travel by tesseract! Sounds awesome!